Online Ticket Booking Under General Quota
- The ERS/VRM/SMS sent by IRCTC. (ERS – Electronic Reservation Slip which means the Printout of the ticket ; VRM – Virtual Reservation Message which denotes the screenshot of ERS in Laptop, Mobile or Tablets ; SMS – As sent by IRCTC during Ticket Booking)
- ID proof in original. (One of the passenger booked on an e-ticket should have any of the identity cards)
- Voter Identity Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID card issued by Central / State Govt which are having serial number
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School or College for their students
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”
Note : ID proof in original would be verified by TTE with the name and PNR on the chart. If the passenger fail to produce/display ERS/VRM/SMS sent by IRCTC due to any eventuality (loss, damaged mobile/laptop etc.) but has the prescribed original proof of identity, a penalty of Rs.50/- per ticket as applicable to such cases will be levied.
Online Ticket Booking Under Tatkal Quota
The documents like ERS/VRM/SMS and ID Cards required are the same except for the minor changes. Please have a look at them below.
- The provision for specifying ID proof at the time of booking a Tatkal e-ticket has been started w.e.f. 21-11-2011
- Ration card will be accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey under Tatkal scheme only if the passenger whose photograph is available on the ration card is travelling.