To add on to the green intiative of IRCTC, the SMS sent by IRCTC while booking e-ticket would be considered as an ticket reservation proof. This is effective from Feb 01′ 2012.
The text message along with a valid id proof servers the purpose. The SMS should be sent by IRCTC.
In July 2011, the Railways permitted the screen shot of the e-ticket displayed through laptops, palmtops and mobile phones instead of e-ticket printouts. Now it allows SMS too and this initiative considerably reduces the paper consumption.
The list of valid proofs of identity accepted are:
1. Voter photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India
3. Driving Licence
4. Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government,
5. Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognised school/college.
6. Nationalised bank passbook with photographs, credit cards issued by banks with laminated photographs.
7. Unique identification printout — Aadhaar.
8. PAN card
Article Contributed by : Divya